This is the BEST easy Fried Rice! It is so simple to make and delicious to eat!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 - 3 tablespoons butter or other oil, but butter works best
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked/cold white rice instant rice works fine, just make sure to fully chill it after it is cooked.
- 1 cup peas I like to use one 15 ounce can of peas and carrots, drained
- 1 cup diced carrot I like to use one 15 ounce can of peas and carrots, drained
- 3 eggs
- green onion/scallion
- optional: sesame oil
In a large skillet or wok, bring butter to medium/high heat.
Add garlic and ginger, stir for 1 - 2 minutes until fragrant. Add rice and cook until heated through. Stir in soy sauce, and add peas and carrots. (If using raw carrots, cook until tender).
Push rice to one side of pan, and crack eggs in other side. scramble eggs and cook through. when they’re done cooking, stir into rice.
Finish with green onion and a light drizzle of sesame oil.