Minestrone soup is a rich Italian soup and the perfect meal for any time of day!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet yellow onion
- 6 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 small/medium zucchinis small chopped
- 1 medium/large russet potato small chopped
- 2 large carrots small chopped
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can cut green beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces, not drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound small pasta like ditalini or elbows
- 4 cups fresh spinach chopped
In a 6 quart or larger pot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent, being careful not to burn.
Stir in remaining ingredients, EXCEPT pasta and spinach, stir and bring to a light simmer.
Cover pot and cook about 20 minutes, until carrots and potatoes are tender.
Add spinach and pasta, stir and cover an additional ten minutes, until pasta is al dente.