Creamy Spinach Soup
Spinach Soup is a deliciously creamy and easy meal idea that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
about 5-7 cloves, minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 or 5 cups whole milk
depending on how thick you prefer
- 10 ounce package of frozen spinach
thawed & drained
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil for several minutes, until translucent & soft
(TIP: The longer you cook garlic, the more mild the flavor becomes)
- Add flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Incorporate milk, one cup at a time. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat.
- Add spinach and remove from heat. It will thicken once removed from stove top.
Calories are automatically generated. For best results calculate based on your exact ingredients.
Creamy Spinach Soup https://www.mamalovesfood.com/creamy-spinach-soup/