Spicy Pickle Recipe
This Spicy Pickle Recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious! No boiling necessary and it's easy to adjust the heat level!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 1 pickle
- Cucumbers sliced (I used a fancy little English cuke here, but you can use whatever you like) // enough to nearly fill a quart jar
- Fresh garlic minced or thinly sliced // 2-3 large cloves per quart jar
- Sweet yellow onion small chopped // 1 small onion per quart jar
- Dill seed yes, seed NOT weed // about a tablespoon per quart jar
- Salt // 1 -2 tablespoon per quart jar
- White vinegar
- Filtered water
- Fresh jalapeno chopped // 1 small jalapeno per quart jar
- optional: sweet red pepper // just a few pieces in the jar to signal that it's the hot pickles
Add cucumber, onion, and garlic to a large bowl. Sprinkle with dill seed and salt, then mix well (alternately you could layer directly into your mason jar).
Place chopped jalapeno at the bottom of each jar, then pack cucumber mixture into mason jars. Pour vinegar into jar until it is about 1/4 - 1/3rd full. Fill remainder of the jar with water, screw on cap (tightly!) and give it a good shake. Taste your brine (no, SERIOUSLY) - this is your opportunity to make adjustments!
Refrigerate and ENJOY!