What does the Superbowl call for? Super Sangria, of course!!! As anyone who's made Sangria knows, it's never the same twice. Today's recipe is below and it is Mmmm, Mmmm, Goooood!
- 1 bottle red wine (I used Merlot)
- 2 grapefruits, quartered and peeled (I used white)
- 3 limes, 2 quartered 1 sliced for garnish
- 1 can halved pears, NOT drained (15 oz)
- 20 oz apple juice
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
-Pour wine into a large pitcher (I used a 2 liter pitcher and it all just barely fit)
- Squeeze juice from grapefruit pieces into pitcher, then put grapefruit husks in as well (but not rinds)
- Squeeze lime juice from quartered limes into pitcher
- Add pears and pear juice
- Add apple juice
- Add lemon juice
- Add powdered sugar
- Stir well and refrigerate for at least two hours
- If your pitcher does not self strain, do so before serving.
- Garnish with sliced limes and enjoy!