This “Are We There Yet?!” Road Trip Emergency Packs! article was developed for Collective Bias and Albertsons. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #RoadTripHacks #CollectiveBias #Albertsons
“Are We There Yet?!” Road Trip Emergency Packs!, Ingredients:
- small tupperware
- your kids most coveted treats and snacks (I find bite size items work best as it takes them longer to get through)
- a small map of your trip
- optional: a new movie for the tablet/DVD player
“Are We There Yet?!” Road Trip Emergency Packs!, Directions:
- Stick a small handful of each treat into the tupperware and top with the map. If your kids are anything like mine, you’ll want to make sure that each pack is identical. Hide well (but not so well that you can’t find them when you need them).
- Wait until you’re about two hours out from your destination and the kids are starting to climb the walls. If you can avoid letting on that you have the bags, it works better. Otherwise they’ll just wear you down. Even though we do these every time, we always tell the kids we decided against it *this* time. My oldest is always skeptical, but so far it works.
- Pull them out when you desperately need some quiet.
|World War II Museum in New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Mardi Gras Parade in New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Visiting family in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|Snow!!! In Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Crawfish in Jackson, Mississippi|