This ‘Bacon and Barbecue Stuffed Peppers‘ recipe and article was developed for Collective Bias and Kraft. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #MustHaveMayo #CollectiveBias
This Bacon and Barbecue Stuffed Peppers recipe is great because it’s super versatile. The delicious stuffing can be used in just about anything! I put it in sweet peppers so my kids would eat them, but you could do jalapenos, mushrooms, zucchini, or any number of other veggies! We served our peppers as a side with chicken and rice, but if you use smaller peppers (or other vegetables) it makes an awesome appetizer!
I love a versatile recipe, but even better I love a recipe that doesn’t take a zillion ingredients. KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, bacon, and cheese, plus the veggie vehicle of your choice and done-zo! I grabbed everything in a quick trip to Walmart and was home in no time at all!
Bacon and Barbecue Stuffed Peppers, Ingredients:
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (I used KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked & crumbled (I like to keep crumbled bacon in my freezer – click here to see how!)
- 4 large peppers or about 10-12 smaller peppers
Bacon and Barbecue Stuffed Peppers, Directions:
- Mix cheese, mayo, barbecue sauces, and bacon in a bowl.
- Slice tops off peppers, clean out seeds, and stuff with cheese mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. (I propped mine up in a cast iron pot so the cheese wouldn’t drip out, but you could rig it with some foil if you don’t have an oven safe pot! Alternately you could slice the peppers in half and stuff boat style, laying flat.)
Another great recipe idea using KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise is this Hot Artichoke Dip. Four simple ingredients come together to make a creamy savory dip, perfect for your holiday (or any time!) entertaining.