Whole Roasted Chicken and Carrots Ingredients:
- 2 whole chickens, seasoned with your favorite blend (I used Emeril’s Original Essence)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, 4 ounces, drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (I used jarred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Whole Roasted Chicken and Carrots Directions:
- Put carrots, onion, and mushrooms in the bottom of a large covered roaster (I used my 6.5 quart cast iron and everything just *barely* fit).
- Place whole chickens breast side DOWN, on top of vegetables.
- Bake on 375 degrees for one hour and forty five minutes. Remove lid and flip the birds (sorry, couldn’t help myself!). Continue roasting UNCOVERED for an additional fifteen minutes, or until your meat thermometer reads a safe temperature.
- Salt and pepper to taste, serve with a simple salad and enjoy!
p.s. Don’t forget to save the carcass for delicious savory chicken stock!