Barbecue Cheddar Chicken Braid Ingredients:
- Pizza dough (enough for two medium pizzas), prepared (I used three packets of Martha White's instant pizza crust, but you could make your own if you're feeling ambitious, click here for my pizza dough recipe)
- Three large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (click here to learn how to always have cooked chicken breast on hand!)
- Barbecue sauce, enough to coat shredded chicken (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional: one egg white
Barbecue Cheddar Chicken Braid Directions:
- Toss shredded chicken with barbecue sauce until chicken is well coated, but not dripping.
- Roll pizza dough thin onto a parchment lined or floured surface. Pile barbecue chicken down the middle of the dough and top with shredded cheese.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice an equal number of strips on either side of the chicken and cheese. Starting at the top, criss-cross the strips over one another until you reach the middle. When you reach the middle, turn the dough around and start from the top again. Twist the center most strips together.
- Bake according to dough directions, until dough is cooked through and turning a golden color.
- OPTIONAL: For a shiny finish (as pictured), in the last 10 minutes of baking, brush the dough with an eggwash of equal parts egg white and water.
- Serve and enjoy!