I realize I missed pumpkin season with this Pumpkin Apple (un)Oatmeal, but I was recently making a batch of my regular Apple (un)Oatmeal and decided to change things up with some leftover pumpkin I had chillin' in the fridge. Basically the results rocked my world.
Pumpkin Apple (un)Oatmeal Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter works well, also)
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 1 medium/small apple, small diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground/powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/3 can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- pinch of salt
- optional garnishes: additional nuts, grated coconut, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh whipped cream
Pumpkin Apple (un)Oatmeal Directions:
- Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan or frying pan. Stir in banana and apple and cook over medium/low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until bananas liquefy and apple is softened.
- Stir in vanilla, spices and pumpkin.
- Remove from heat and stir in slivered almonds and salt (unless you used salted butter, then you can skip this step).
- Top with your choice of garnishes and enjoy!