Oven Fried Chicken is a budget friendly, deliciously simple dinner idea.
It’s sure to please your tummy and your wallet! We served ours over some whole grain pasta, blender spaghetti sauce, and a side of roasted cauliflower.
See our huge collection of chicken recipes for even more great dinner ideas!
This was originally a sponsored post by Hellmann’s. All opinions stated belong to Mama Loves Food.
Oven Fried Chicken Ingredients
- Bread crumbs
- Garlic salt
- Oregano, parsley or rosemary leaves, crushed
- Ground black pepper
Oven Fried Chicken Directions
Combine bread crumbs, garlic salt, herbs and black pepper in shallow dish; set aside.
Add chicken Mayonnaise to large plastic bag; shake to evenly coat. Remove chicken, then lightly dip in crumb mixture. Arrange chicken on cookie sheet.
Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
More Like Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
Oven Fried Chicken
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano parsley or rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3-1/2 lbs. chicken parts skin removed
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic salt, herbs and black pepper in shallow dish; set aside.
- Add chicken and Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Extra Virgin Olive Oil Mayonnaise to large plastic bag; shake to evenly coat. Remove chicken, then lightly dip in crumb mixture. Arrange chicken on cookie sheet.
- Bake 40 minutes, at 400°, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Am I doing something wrong because I don't see any chicken in this post. Do I need to click on something?
Nellie Tracy says
This oven fried chicken looks absolutely amazing! Can’t wait to try it for dinner this week!
Meagen Brosius says
I love making oven fried chicken. So much easier and healthier than deep frying but the whole family still LOVES it! This is one of those recipes that will be on repeat for us all through the fall! Thanks for such a great recipe!
Julie Evink says
This was amazing!! I’m so glad I could make it in my oven for a healthier way to make a favorite in our household! Thanks April!
Dotsy Jane Maher says
I have been looking for this for years..thanks for posting it..