Blender Spaghetti Sauce is a simple recipe for fresh pasta sauce that you can make in about fifteen minutes! Perfect for your delicious Italian dinner.
Blender Spaghetti Sauce sounds a little funny, but I can assure you, it’s as delicious as it is easy to make! And it’s really really easy to make! We poured our blender pasta sauce over some al dente spaghetti and topped it with sweet Italian sausage.
Blender Spaghetti Sauce
Blender Spaghetti Sauce Ingredients
- Sweet cherry tomatoes – Technically you can use any type of tomato for this recipe (even canned), but I love the way sweet cherry tomatoes taste in it. For the first go round, I’d suggest using them – afterward, go ahead and experiment!
- Garlic cloves – Fresh garlic is always going to give the best, most intense flavor.
- Sweet yellow onion – White onion will work too, but try to avoid red onion as it will change the color of the sauce.
- Green olives – Adds a great tang and some extra body to the sauce. Try black olives too!
- Balsamic vinegar or red wine – Either, or, maybe a little bit of both!
- Italian seasoning – If you don’t have Italian seasoning, try a mix of dried parsley, oregano, and basil.
- Salt and Pepper – Key for bringing a dish together. Salt especially is an amazing ingredient as it both reduces bitter flavors and enhanced the remaining flavors in your recipe.
- Olive oil – Try to use a high quality full bodied olive oil for this recipe.
- White sugar – This is optional, but I find it does a nice job of cutting down on the acidity of the tomatoes. If your tomatoes are especially sweet, you may not need it.
How Do You Make Spaghetti Sauce in a Blender?
You really do just throw all the ingredients in a blender! And if you have one of those super fancy blenders that heats up, you won’t even have to put it on the stove top. I do not have one of those super fancy blenders. Now I feel like I should apologize to my blender. I’m sorry blender! I do love you!
If you’ve ever thrown tomatoes in a blender, you know that they get a little pink, and weird, and frothy. Not to worry, if you keep blending the tomato sauce for about a minute or two longer, the sauce will settle again into a nice deep unfrothy red.
Step By Step Instructions
⭐ First, add everything except the sugar and olive oil to your upright blender.
⭐ Next, blend until smooth (you will still see some seeds, that’s okay!), about 3 – 5 minutes. If it’s still pink and frothy, blend a little longer.
⭐ Then, while sauce is blending, heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet.
⭐ Finally, pour sauce into skillet and simmer until sauce reaches desired consistency. Taste and add sugar if desired. Simmer another minute or two more.
Tips and Tricks
I like to heat some olive oil in my pan before pouring the sauce in. Not only does it make your kitchen smell wonderful, but it also adds a little extra flavor to the sauce.
You don’t need to heat the sauce long, only a few minutes – enough to take the edge off the garlic and let the flavors mature. You’ll want to taste your blender sauce at this point, and if it’s too tart, add some sugar to round out the flavor. Simmer until the sauce is thickened to your liking, and then it’s done!
Can You Freeze Blender Spaghetti Sauce?
When I make blender spaghetti sauce, we usually just do enough for one evening’s dinner. This recipe makes just the right amount. But you could totally double or triple the recipe and put it in a jar for later.
I don’t proclaim to know anything about canning, but I like to toss a few jars in the freezer as they’ll last for 6 – 12 months that way. This tomato sauce recipe is perfect if you have to use an abundance of tomatoes from a good season in the garden!
More Italian Inspired Recipes
Slow cooker Italian chicken stew – Full of vegetables, full of flavor, and super healthy. This is a family favorite in our home.
Two minute garlic knots – Go ahead and cheat by making these yummy garlic knots with crescent roll dough. Everyone will love them!
Italian eggrolls – Talk about the perfect fusion food, crispy eggrolls filled with Italian goodness, yes please!
Italian shredded chicken sandwich – It’s like a pizza and a chicken sandwich had a baby. A gooey, cheesy, chickeny, mmmmmm.
Italian sloppy Joes – I hide so many vegetables in this recipe and my kids have no idea! We like to make a giant batch and freeze it in smaller portions for later.
Italian shredded beef – Possibly my husband’s favorite recipe ever!
Sausage and peppers flatbread – All the best parts of an Italian dinner, on a flatbread.
See all our Italian recipes!
Tools we love
- Stick blender – Possibly the most used gadget in my entire kitchen. The key to making a hand blender useful versus a giant pain in the butt is to rinse it immediately after using. That way you’re never trying to get crusty dried goop out from under the blades.
- Ninja blender – We. Love. This. Blender. It blends all the things! Beautifully! No scraping the sides like I did in my old blender. And for a super reasonable price. My favorite thing to blend is Strawberry Lime Slushes!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Blender Spaghetti Sauce
Blender Spaghetti Sauce
- 4 cups sweet cherry tomatoes about 20 ounces
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 medium sweet yellow onion
- 1/4 cup green olives
- 1 - 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or red wine
- 1/3 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar optional
- olive oil
- Add everything except the sugar and olive oil to your upright blender.
- Blend until smooth (you will still see some seeds, that's okay!), about 3 - 5 minutes. If it's still pink and frothy, blend a little longer.
- While sauce is blending, heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet.
- Pour sauce into skillet and simmer until sauce reaches desired consistency. Taste and add sugar if desired. Simmer another minute or two more.
If you’re not rushed for time, try our crock pot spaghetti sauce!
This was originally a sponsored conversation written by Mama Loves Food on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.
We used our new Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill to cook a batch of sweet Italian sausage while the blender marinara and spaghetti cooked. The grill cooks all five sausages in less than fifteen minutes – which means, if you prep this recipe right, you can get it all going at the same time and have a full meal with sizzling brown sausages and fresh pasta sauce in about twenty minutes total!
The Sizzling Sausage Grill is the perfect holiday gift for the sausage lover in your life. It works anywhere there is an electrical outlet and is easy to transport. The grill has an enclosed design that seals completely when locked so that the sausages are cooked and browned evenly, the juices and flavor don’t escape, and no drippings splatter outside the grill. You can grill a single sausage or five at a time, making the grill convenient for a single meal or multiple servings!