Roasted Cauliflower is one of the few vegetables I can make for dinner and hear no complaints! Our roasted cauliflower recipe uses fresh cauliflower, olive oil, and seasoned salt.
Roasted cauliflower is my favorite! If you’ve never made oven roasted cauliflower, then you’re definitely missing out! We like to serve this with baked pork chops or our meatloaf recipe. Other favorite dinner sides in our home include roasted broccoli, roasted carrots, and roasted okra!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Roasted Cauliflower Ingredients
- Cauliflower – You need to use fresh cauliflower for this recipe. If you try to use frozen cauliflower, it will turn out mushy and you won’t get the intended caramelization.
- Oil – Any vegetable oil will work, but my favorite is a good olive oil. I love the flavor it adds to the roasted cauliflower.
- Seasoning – We like to sprinkle some seasoned salt over ours, but you could use salt and pepper, or garlic salt, or some paprika!
How to roast cauliflower in the oven
⭐ Start with fresh cauliflower, not frozen. The frozen cauliflower will get too mushy in the oven and won’t yield the same delicious result.
⭐ Then, if you start with a full head of cauliflower, chop it into bite sized florets.
⭐ Next, drizzle your cauliflower with seasoned salt and olive oil, then spread onto a baking sheet.
⭐ Finally, roast on the center rack of your oven at a high temperature.
What herbs are good on roasted cauliflower?
We don’t use any herbs on our roasted cauliflower, instead we use a combination of seasoned salt and olive oil. If seasoned salt wasn’t available we would use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
Honestly, even salt alone is delicious on roasted cauliflower. When you roast cauliflower it softens without getting mushy, and the flavors become rich and robust. It’s currently my favorite vegetable to roast.
How long to roast cauliflower
How long to roast cauliflower will depend a lot on the size of the florets you’re roasting, and the temperature of your oven. We like to cut our cauliflower into one or two bite pieces and generally roast for about thirty minutes.
What temperature to roast cauliflower
Cauliflower can be roasted at a temperature anywhere between 425 and 475 degrees. We go right down the middle at 450 for this recipe.
Cauliflower is a dense vegetable that doesn’t burn easily, so it does well at the slightly higher temperature. You want to be able to get a nice caramelization on the cauliflower without scorching it.
❤ If you love this recipe, definitely try our creamy mashed cauliflower next! ❤
Is roasted cauliflower healthy?
Roasted cauliflower is very healthy. We add only a little bit of olive oil for cooking, so you’re essentially just eating the vegetable. Cauliflower provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer.
It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients. Cauliflower is as good a source of fiber and vitamins.
More like Roasted Cauliflower
More Roasted Veggies
Tools we love
- Roasting pan – This is the Ikea roasting pan that you see us use on the live show all the time. Love this pan!
- Stainless Steel Spatula – There’s nothing worse than trying to grab the perfect serving of casserole from your dish and having the plastic spatula bend. Stainless steel spatulas are where it’s at!
- Misto Oil Sprayer – If you like to know exactly what’s in the foods you’re eating and feeding to your family, this oil spritzer is a great investment. Add whatever oil you like, pump the lid a few times and get a perfect mist on your food.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Roast Cauliflower
- Fresh cauliflower heads or precut florets
- Olive oil
- Seasoned salt
- If you purchased a full head of cauliflower, carefully cut away the leaves and separate the florets into a colander.
- Rinse and drain florets, then spread on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and toss them around in the pan a bit so the oil is spread out.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and roast at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Flip cauliflower with a spatula to make sure it's not sticking, and roast 10 more minutes. Toss once more and go a final ten minutes (for a total of 30 minutes), until cauliflower is tanned nicely overall and a deep brown where it made contact with the pan's surface.
Click the button above to save this recipe!