PB&J Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies recipe are an easy and delicious dessert that your family and kids will love!
Okay, okay you caught me. They’re not actually thumbprint cookies. I have a weird thing about sticking my thumb into cookie dough. I just can’t. It makes ZERO sense because I’m totally rolling the cookie dough into balls with my hands, but that last step of poking it with my thumb? Not going to happen. Go ahead, judge my weirdness. I totally am.
If you want to use your thumb for these, by all means do, but I used the back of a wooden spoon and it worked just fine. No thumbing necessary. (I feel weird even typing that).
But, really. Let’s get on to the important stuff. These Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies are REALLY REALLY yummy. My nine year old who is a *total* dessert snob begged for more cookies all afternoon until I finally gave the rest away so I wouldn’t have to listen to him (and so I would stop sneaking cookies). I think next time I’ll use a little less dough per cookie (my batch made 20 cookies), so I can get more servings out of it. Also I’ll remember to grease the pan. They came out eventually, but we had a few tense moments.
PB&J Thumbprint Cookies, Ingredients:
- 1 cup peanut butter (COUPON FOR PB HERE!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
PB&J Thumbprint Cookies, Directions:
- Mix together peanut butter, sugar, and egg (I use a fork) until dough forms.
- Form into small balls (24 – 36) and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet or greased mini muffin tin (I prefer the mini muffin tin so they keep shape better).
- Using the back of a stirring spoon (or your thumb) create a small well in each dough ball.
- Fill the wells with jelly, then bake at 375 degrees for 10 -14 minutes, watching for them to start turning just slightly browned.
- Allow to cool and ENJOY!
You may also enjoy:
This PB&J Thumbprint Cookies recipe was originally on Dec 20, 2015 as a partnered campaign with Skippy® – Mama Loves Food only works with brands we love! All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #SKIPPYYIPPEE