Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies are an easy and delicious dessert that your family and kids will love!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies! Okay, you caught me. They’re not actually thumbprint cookies. I have a thing about sticking my thumb into cookie dough. It makes ZERO sense because I’m totally rolling the cookie dough into balls with my hands, but that last step of poking it with my thumb? Not going to happen.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Ingredients
- Peanut butter – I prefer smooth peanut butter in this recipe, but if you’re a chunky peanut butter lover, go for it!
- Sugar – Just regular granulated sugar works perfectly.
- Egg – I typically use large eggs in all our recipes because it’s what we keep in the house. This recipe is forgiving though, so any size chicken egg will do.
- Jelly – Get crazy and choose your favorite, or be like me and go with a classic grape.
How Do You Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
First, mix together peanut butter, sugar, and egg until dough forms.
Next, form into small balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet or into a greased mini muffin tin.
Then, using the back of a stirring spoon (or your thumb) create a small well in each dough ball.
Finally, fill the wells with jelly, and bake until slightly browned.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Tips
If you want to use your thumb for these, by all means do, but I used the back of a wooden spoon and it worked just fine. No thumbing necessary. (I feel weird even typing that).
But, really. Let’s get on to the important stuff. These Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies are REALLY REALLY yummy.
My nine year old who is a *total* dessert snob begged for more cookies all afternoon until I finally gave the rest away so I wouldn’t have to listen to him (and so I would stop sneaking cookies).
I think next time I’ll use a little less dough per cookie (my batch made 20 cookies), so I can get more servings out of it. Also I’ll remember to grease the pan. They came out eventually, but we had a few tense moments.
More Cookie Recipes
See all our cookie recipes!
More Peanut Butter Treats
- Bakers half sheet – It’s cool, we only have about six of these bakers half sheets because they’re good for absolutely everything. Cookies? Yes! Steak? Yes! Cake? Oh yeh! Roasted veggies? Uhhhh huh!
- Silicone baking mats – Nothing sticks to these! Whaaaa?! Perfect for baking sugary cookies, or cheesy croissants or make some no bake cookies. You know why? Because nothing sticks to these!!!
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Mix together peanut butter, sugar, and egg (I use a fork) until dough forms.
- Form into small balls (24 - 36) and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet or greased mini muffin tin (I prefer the mini muffin tin so they keep shape better).
- Using the back of a stirring spoon (or your thumb) create a small well in each dough ball.
- Fill the wells with jelly, then bake at 375 degrees for 10 -14 minutes, watching for them to start turning just slightly browned.
- Allow to cool and ENJOY!