Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious and are only three easy ingredients!
Chocolate cake mix cookies are one of my favorite quick treats to make. Using just cake mix, eggs, and oil, you can bake the most decadently soft and chewy cookies that come out perfect every time!
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookie Ingredients
- Chocolate cake mix – Any brand and any chocolate variation will work. Choose your favorite, or whatever is on sale!
- Eggs – Some folks will tell you to let your eggs come to room temperature before dropping them in a batter. I will not tell you to do that.
- Mild olive oil – Regular vegetable oil works too, but I am partial to olive oil. And honestly, I don’t even always use mild and these still taste fantastic.
- Optional – I love rolling cookies in sprinkles or powdered sugar. The sprinkles add so much color and fun, while the powdered sugar gives a gorgeous crinkle cookie look.
How Do You Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
First, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until batter forms.
Roll tablespoon sized cookies into a ball.
Next, roll dough ball in sprinkles or powdered sugar, cover completely.
Then, place dough onto onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.
Finally, allow to cool completely, then enjoy!
Can You Freeze Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies. Allow them to cool completely, then store in an air tight, freezer safe container.
Cookies can remain in the freezer for several months, after which time you run the risk of freezer burn and they will begin to deteriorate in texture and flavor.
To thaw, allow the cookies to come to room temperature and then enjoy!
How To Store Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
The cookies should be stored in an air tight container and can remain at room temperature for about three days. Longer than that and you’ll want to store your chocolate cake mix cookies in the refrigerator or freezer.
More Cookie Recipes
See all our cookie recipes!
More Chocolate Recipes
See all our chocolate recipes!
More Cake Mix Recipes
- Bakers half sheet – It’s cool, we only have about six of these bakers half sheets because they’re good for absolutely everything. Cookies? Yes! Steak? Yes! Cake? Oh yeh! Roasted veggies? Uhhhh huh!
- Silicone baking mats – Nothing sticks to these! Whaaaa?! Perfect for baking sugary cookies, or cheesy croissants or make some no bake cookies. You know why? Because nothing sticks to these!!!
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
How to Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mild olive oil or vegetable oil
- Optional: sprinkles or powdered sugar
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until batter forms.
- Roll tablespoon sized cookies into a ball.
- Optional - roll dough ball in sprinkles or powdered sugar, cover completely.
- Place dough onto onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then enjoy!