This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe is so incredibly good that you won’t believe it’s only four easy ingredients. Make cookies with your kids today!
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are the quick cookie recipe you didn’t know you needed – they make the perfect new neighbor gift or teacher gift.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- Peanut Butter – This recipe can be made with smooth or chunky peanut butter, both are delicious and I definitely speak from experience!
- Sugar – Regular granulated sugar is all you need. I’m betting you actually have all these ingredients in your kitchen already.
- Egg – I typically use a large egg because it’s what we keep in the house, but any size chicken egg will work, this is a pretty forgiving recipe.
- Chocolate Chips – We like a semi-sweet chocolate chip for this recipe, but it’s fine to use whatever you have on hand (or whatever is on sale!).
- Optional – Extra sugar to sprinkle on top.
How Do You Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
First, mix all the ingredients together, except the chocolate chips.
Then, when everything is well blended, stir in the chocolate chips.
Next, place small spoonfuls of dough onto a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
Finally, bake until just barely turning golden brown.
Once upon a time, I discovered that it’s really (really, really) easy to make peanut butter cookies. Like, three ingredients that I always have on hand easy.
So, I’ve been merrily making them ever since and everyone lived happily ever after, the end.
Until this weekend when I noticed the bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips sitting on the counter near where I was making my peanut butter cookies. I threw caution to the wind and tossed a handful into the batter.
Needless to say, I don’t make three ingredient peanut butter cookies anymore. Now I make Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Ohhhhhhh, yes. These are going to be your new favorite cookies.
Watch out neighbors, we know what you’re getting in this year’s holiday cookie swap! Well, that is if they ever make it out of the kitchen. Which my kids are intent on making that mission impossible.
Can You Freeze Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies. Allow them to cool completely, then store in an air tight, freezer safe container.
Cookies can remain in the freezer for several months, after which time you run the risk of freezer burn and they will begin to deteriorate in texture and flavor.
To thaw, allow the cookies to come to room temperature and then enjoy!
More Peanut Butter Treats
More Cookie Recipes
See all our cookie recipes!
If you love cooking with peanut butter, try our yummy peanut butter chicken recipe!
|These guys stood guard to make sure I didn’t send their cookies home with the babysitter!|
- Bakers half sheet – It’s cool, we only have about six of these bakers half sheets because they’re good for absolutely everything. Cookies? Yes! Steak? Yes! Cake? Oh yeh! Roasted veggies? Uhhhh huh!
- Silicone baking mats – Nothing sticks to these! Whaaaa?! Perfect for baking sugary cookies, or cheesy croissants or make some no bake cookies. You know why? Because nothing sticks to these!!!
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate morsels
- Mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg until you form a sticky dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet and press down with a fork to make a criss-cross pattern .(You could skip that part, but I'm pretty sure it's like not following the steps in a chain letter. Just do it. Plus, if you don't there won't be anywhere for the sugar to collect!)
- Bake at 375 for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar, and enjoy!
This Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe was originally developed for Collective Bias and advertiser. Mama Loves Food was compensated for time and work. Opinions and recipes are mine alone.
Original publish date 10-1-2015