This Portabella Blue Cheese Salad is one of my regular go-to lunches. It’s healthy, easy to make, but most importantly, TASTY.
Portabella Blue Cheese Salad Ingredients:
- two portabella mushroom caps, stems removed
- balsamic vinegar
- garlic salt
- 2 medium/large tomatoes, small diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can sweet kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing (I’m partial to Ken’s Steakhouse Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing)
- balsamic glaze or reduction
- optional garnish: blue cheese crumbles
Portabella Blue Cheese Salad Directions:
- Place mushroom caps stem side up and drizzle with balsamic vinegar then sprinkle with garlic salt. Broil caps for about 7 minutes (I use my toaster oven set to broil). Allow mushroom caps to cool, then dice into small pieces.
- Combine mushroom, tomato, onion and corn in a large bowl and toss with blue cheese dressing.
- Serve into individual bowls, drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with blue cheese crumbles.