Raise your hand if you’re totally addicted to Chipotle burritos. (ME! ME!). I pretty much love them, but rather than spend a mortgage payment every month on visiting the restaurant I decided to start making burritos at home. Since pork is my favorite, that’s where I started.
Now, I’m putting it out there right away – this pork is NOT seasoned the way Chipotle’s pork is seasoned. I have no idea how Chipotle‘s pork is seasoned, but I knew I wanted a citrus tang to it without trying to figure out the lime rice thing, so I went with a Mojo seasoning. And it’s delish. My kids told me it was “the BEST PORK EVER MOM!” and they’re really not much into complimenting food. Unless I make cookies. And then I’m awesome.
Slow Cooker Mojo Pork for Chipotle Style Burritos, Ingredients:
- 3 – 5 pounds boneless Boston butt roast, strings removed
- 20 ounces mojo marinade (I use Badia Mojo Marinade because it’s delicious, but also preservative free and all that hippy dippy jazz)
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, rough chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into strips
Optional burrito ingredients:
- extra large flour tortillas
- white rice
- black beans (I use canned)
- fresh salsa or pico de gallo (I’m partial to this Roasted Tomato and Garlic Salsa)
- guacamole (here’s my Easy Guacamole recipe)
- sour cream
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
Slow Cooker Mojo Pork for Chipotle Style Burritos, Directions:
- Place onions and peppers at the bottom of your crock pot then place pork on top.
- Pour marinade over everything and cook on high 4 – 6 hours or low 8 – 10 hours.
- Shred pork and mix with onions and peppers.
- For burritos, pile all your favorites onto the large tortilla (starting with the rice!) and roll up. I find it’s easiest to do this on a piece of foil just like they do at Chipotle so everything stays together when you’re done.