Guacamole is easy to make and delicious with chips, tacos, or just on a spoon!
Guacamole is one of my favorite things to eat ever. I always pay extra for guac when we’re out. But with this easy guacamole recipe you won’t have to. Only three ingredients and tastes fantastic! Make our version with taquitos, fish tacos, tostadas, or our chicken nachos recipe!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
- Avocados – We like haas avocados (versus Florida avocados) because they have a high fat content and are richer in flavor. Florida avocados tend to be on the sweeter side too. That said, in a pinch you can substitute Florida avocados just make sure to check the size as Florida avocados are much bigger than Haas.
- Limes – The trick to getting the most juice from your limes is to microwave them for a few seconds before squeezing. I like a lot of lime flavor in mine, but it’s easy to adjust if you don’t.
- Seasoning – The secret to this awesome recipe is the seasoning! We use a packet of Italian salad dressing seasoning to make quick delicious work of the recipe.
- Spicy guacamole – Add some pickled jalapeno for a kick.
- Veggie guacamole – Chop some fresh tomato, onion, and green pepper to make a fun chunky extra healthy guac.
- Creamy guacamole – Stir in some cilantro garlic sauce or sour cream to make a yummy creamy sauce.
How Do You Make Basic Guacamole (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, peel and pit the avocados.
⭐ Then, in a bowl, cube or smash the avocado (I like mine smashed).
⭐ Finally, sprinkle the seasoning, and stir in the lime juice!
What are the Benefits of Eating Guacamole
The benefits of eating guacamole are that it’s made mostly of avocados so it’s super filling and full of great healthy fats. Avocados are also loaded with fiber and have more potassium than bananas.
Is Guacamole Keto
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. With only 2 net carbohydrates per 100 grams, the avocado (and therefore the dip) is on the list of acceptable keto diet foods.
Avocados are low in saturated fats and have no sodium or cholesterol. Eating avocados may also help with controlling hypertension.
How Do You Keep Guacamole From Turning Brown
The trick to keep guacamole from turning brown is by adding acid to it. In this case we use lime juice to keep it from turning brown.
If you want to make it ahead of time and keep it from turning brown, pour water with a little bit of lime juice over the prepared dip and then just pour it off and mix gently before serving.
How to Store Guacamole
It is best stored in an air tight container. Oxygen is the enemy of guacamole as that is what makes it oxidize and turn brown.
How Long Will Guacamole Stay Good
It will stay good in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days, and in the freezer for up to six months. Make sure to cover your guacamole with a layer of water and lime juice so it doesn’t turn brown.
Can Guacamole be Frozen
Guacamole can be frozen. Store it in a freezer bag and squeeze all the air out before putting it in the freezer. I like to lay the bag flat and spread the guacamole out flat so it will defrost quickly when we’re ready to enjoy.
More Mexican Inspired Recipes
- Pico de Gallo
- Cilantro Garlic Sauce
- Roasted Tomato Salsa
- See all our Mexican recipe ideas!
Tools we love
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
- End grain cutting board – This is my absolute favorite cutting board and the one that I get the most compliments on. And p.s. I have a lot of cutting boards. It really is absolutely stunning, and knows how to take a beating. We use it every single day!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Guacamole
- 4 ripe Hass avocados pitted and peeled
- 1 packet Good Seasons dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 - 2 limes
- Add ingredients to a bowl and smash until well mixed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try serving this with a grilled flank steak marinated in our best flank steak marinade!
Click the button above to save this recipe!