Strawberry shortcake waffles are the perfect easy dessert treat with layers of sweet waffles, whipped cream, and sliced strawberries. Thumbs up from the whole family!
About thirty minutes before our friends came over for dinner tonight, I realized I forgot to plan a dessert. Some quick rummaging through the kitchen and voila! A stack of strawberry shortcake waffles! This was a huge hit and super easy to make! Try serving yours after a dinner of BBQ Chicken Pizza or Coconut Shrimp!
Strawberry Shortcake Waffles
Strawberry shortcake waffle ingredients
- Yellow cake batter – You’ll want prepared cake batter (make your own or just use a box mix). Alternatively, if you want to keep this a little healthier, prepare it with our easy waffle recipe!
- Whipped cream – I like to use cool whip (store brand is fine) for quick prep, but you can also make fresh whipped cream too.
- Strawberries – Fresh or frozen/thawed, either is perfect.
- Cake release – Our homemade cake release will make sure no waffle gets left behind!
How do you make strawberry shortcake waffles? (Step-by-step)
⭐ First, make five cake waffles with the cake batter. Cool completely on a wire rack.
⭐ Next, build your shortcake with a waffle cake, then a layer of whipped cream, then a layer of strawberries.
⭐ Then, repeat until you are out of waffle cakes.
⭐ Finally, garnish with one more dollop of cool whip and a couple extra strawberries.
More delicious cake recipes
- Microwave chocolate mug cake
- Orange cake made with whole oranges
- Carrot cake with spice cake mix
- See all our awesome cake recipe ideas!
Tools we love
- Belgium waffle maker – This electric waffle maker makes four gorgeous perfect fluffy waffles. Mmmmmmm. We suggest you break yours in with this yummy pumpkin spice waffle recipe!
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
- Oil mister – This is the perfect gift for folks who want to make sure they know exactly what they’re spraying on their pans. We like to put olive oil in ours, but you could use anything from vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or whatever you like! Just pump the top a few times and it sprays a fine mist of the oil you chose.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Waffles
Strawberry Shortcake Waffles
- Yellow cake batter prepared (I used a box mix)
- Cool whip
- Strawberries quartered (I used frozen)
- Make five cake waffles with the cake batter. Cool on a wire rack.
- Build your shortcake with a waffle cake, then a layer of cool whip, then a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat until you are out of waffle cakes.
- Garnish with one more dollop of cool whip and a couple extra strawberries.