This simple BBQ Chicken Pizza is quick, easy, and better than you’ll get at a restaurant!
BBQ Chicken Pizza is my all time favorite pizza! We use this easy pizza dough recipe for the base and add barbecue sauce, chicken, bacon, and onions. You can’t beat it!
We’ve been roadtripping up the east coast this past week and are currently parked in Connecticut at my Aunt’s house. I’m loving spending time with family that we don’t get to see very often and getting to explore new places. But last night was special.
Last night Aunt Angie did something fantastically amazing that basically never happens for us. If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you already know what I’m talking about – but HO HEY! It was super awesome.But before she treated us to something magical, the kids had a make-your-own pizza party! Just like we do at home, they each got their own little blob of dough and were set free to create chaos. Or pizza. Whatevs.
Dinner was full of over-cheesed bacon and pepperoni pizzas, sprinkled with fresh peas. Delicious, I’m sure – but if it were me creating a pie, I’d definitely go for my faaaaaavorite. The Barbecue Chicken Pizza! I’ve ordered it at pretty much every restaurant that serves pizza and while CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) was once my favorite, I’ve now moved on to Mellow Mushroom.
Mmmmmm… well, I had until realizing how incredibly easy it is to make these at home!
Ahhhh, just look at all that barbecuey fantabulousness with the bright bursts of sweet onion goodness! Mmmmm, my mouth is seriously watering thinking about how delicious this pizza was. And check out the crust. A simple extra step makes it about a billion times better than plain crust!
You can totally take the edge off by using pre-made dough, but if you’re feeling inspired – here’s my totally simple (and seriously yummy) dough recipe. Which, by-the-by, you can also make ahead of time!
So after the kids got going on their pizza party, Aunt Angie did the most amazing thing ever. She kicked us out!!!
We met up with the cousins and spouses for a wonderful grown-ups only dinner. It was such a special treat that we never get on vacations. Because let’s be real. Most people don’t volunteer to watch five small children. Which, I absolutely don’t blame them and Angie is totally nominated for sainthood after last night.
Barbecue Bacon Chicken Pizza
- Pizza crust ready for toppings (here's how I make mine!)
- Barbecue sauce
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Cooked chicken shredded (here's how to always have cooked chicken on hand!)
- Red onion diced (why oh WHY isn't it called purple onion???)
- Bacon cooked and chopped (here's how I make bacon ahead!)
- optional: green onion Parmesan cheese (the cheap stuff in the spaghetti aisle), and garlic salt
- Add a thin layer of barbecue sauce to your crust, followed by chicken, bacon, and onion.
- Top everything off with a pretty swirl of barbecue sauce and (if you want to bring your crust to the next level!!!) dust around the edges with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese (OMG YES, DO THIS).
- Bake according to your dough directions (usually 450 for about 15 minutes).
- Sprinkle with fresh green onion and ENJOY!
- Active Dry Yeast, Packets
- Active Dry Yeast, Jar
- Kirkland Signature Organic Olive Oil
- Pizza Stone
- Cast Iron Pizza Pan
- Pizza Cutter
- KettlePizza Kit for Wood Fire Grilled Pizza
- Weber Premium 22″ Grill
- KitchenAid Classic Stand Mixer
- “I Support the 4 Food Groups (of Pizza)” Apron
Make sure you’re following me on Facebook for regular food and family updates!
Barbecue Bacon Chicken Pizza, Ingredients:
- Pizza crust, ready for toppings (here’s how I make mine!)
- Barbecue sauce
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cooked chicken, shredded (here’s how to always have cooked chicken on hand!)
- Red onion, diced (why oh WHY isn’t it called purple onion???)
- Bacon, cooked and chopped (here’s how I make bacon ahead!)
- optional: green onion, Parmesan cheese (the cheap stuff in the spaghetti aisle), and garlic salt
Barbecue Bacon Chicken Pizza, Directions:
Add a thin layer of barbecue sauce to your crust, followed by chicken, bacon, and onion.
Top everything off with a pretty swirl of barbecue sauce and (if you want to bring your crust to the next level!!!) dust around the edges with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese (OMG YES, DO THIS).
Bake according to your dough directions (usually 450 for about 15 minutes).
Sprinkle with fresh green onion and ENJOY!