My kids have been eating prepacked over processed garbage blueberry muffins like they’re going out of style lately. (Bad food blogger! Bad, bad, bad!!!) So, today I rummaged through the pantry to make something a little more nutritious and a whole lot more delicious. These Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffins hit the spot for our entire family!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffin Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 Cup fat free milk
- 3/4 Cup honey
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 Cups blueberries
- 1 ripe banana, diced
Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffin Directions:
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently, being careful not to over-mix. Stir only enough to wet all the ingredients; do not use an electric mixer.
- Pour into greased muffin tins and fill to the top! This recipe yields 12 over-sized (delicious) muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 -25 minutes.