Fruit pizza is my favorite thing to bring to a potluck! It’s such a fun and beautiful dessert. We made ours with strawberries, raspberries, blue berries and cream cheese icing.
Fruit pizza is such a versatile recipe, we used as snickerdoodle crust and cream cheese frosting topped with fresh berries. Choose fruit that fits the season and occasion! Serve yours at a party or barbecue along with our Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs and Strawberry Lime Spritzers! And if you’re not into fruit, how about a more traditional cookie cake!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Fruit Pizza Ingredients
- Cookie dough – We used a snickerdoodle cookie dough for ours. Many folks use sugar cookie dough, but honestly you can use whatever is your favorite. There’s no need to make it from scratch either (I mean, go for it with your bad self if you want to!). We often grab a tube from the refrigerated section or a bag of the mix.
- Frosting – This recipe typically calls for cream cheese frosting, which is what we use here, but again – any flavor of frosting that you love will be great.
- Fruit – We went with strawberries, raspberries, and blue berries for a fun red white and blue theme. Don’t feel confined to just these fruits though – grab whatever is seasonal and whatever you love. My only real warning is to make sure it’s not a super watery fruit. We generally avoid citrus for that reason.
- Powdered sugar – this is optional, but I like to finish ours off with a dusting of powdered sugar. It just looks so pretty. You’ll want to make sure you do this at the very end though, otherwise the moisture from the fruit and icing will dissolve the sugar.
What is fruit pizza?
Fruit pizza is a giant cookie made on a pizza pan, topped with icing and fruit. Traditionally it uses a sugar cookie crust or snicker doodle crust, with white, vanilla, or cream cheese icing. Top with your favorite fruits and then some powdered sugar.
What kind of fruit on fruit pizza?
We used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on our pizza for a beautiful red white and blue dessert. You can use whatever fruit is in season, or fits with the color theme of your event, although we tend to avoid citrus because it is so watery.
What kind of icing?
Fruit pizza usually calls for cream cheese icing, white icing, or vanilla icing – but any flavor icing would work! We used a simple cream cheese frosting on ours.
Complete the meal with these serving suggestions
If you’re enjoying this with a crowd, try our easy BBQ pulled pork recipe or tuna noodle pasta salad and a big batch of oven roasted carrots. For a smaller group, I love this alongside some turkey meatloaf!
More fruit inspired recipes
- Whole Fruit Popsicles
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Peach dump cake recipe
- Best Blueberry Muffins
- Ambrosia Salad
- Strawberry Lime Fruit Leather
More awesome pizza recipes
- Pizza made with Bisquick
- Mini pizza croissants
- Egg and cheese breakfast pizza
- White pizza flatbread
- Pizza with BBQ Sauce and Chicken
- See all our easy pizza recipes!
Tools we love
- Pizza pan – I have this set of two and love it. Works great and we usually double recipes so it’s nice not to have to wait for the first one to finish baking.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Classic, basic, mixing bowls that everyone should have in your kitchen. You’ve seen me use them on the cooking show at least seventy bajillion time. Ish.
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to make Fruit Pizza
- 1 batch snickerdoodle cookie dough or sugar cookie
- 1 batch cream cheese frosting vanilla frosting, or white icing, prepared
- 3 cups of fruit sliced
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Coat pizza pan with pan release, then spread cookie dough evenly into pan. Bake according to recipe directions, then allow to cool completely.
- Flip cookie out of pan onto serving tray, so cookie is smooth side up. Cover with frosting.
- Place fruit all over pizza in desired pattern, then immediately before serving dust with powdered sugar.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
How do you keep fruit pizza from getting soggy?
Make sure you have a thick layer of icing in between the fruit and the cookie, this will work as a moisture barrier. Also, do not add fruit until right before serving for best results.
Does fruit pizza need to be refrigerated?
It should be refrigerated after preparation and before serving. Leftovers should also be refrigerated and will last about three days if properly stored.
Gah, I love fruit pizza and this looks so fresh and decadent at the same time! I love the sound of the snickerdoodle crust, and also how flexible this recipe is!
I love fruit pizza and this one looks perfect!! I like that it uses just red and blue fruit for a fun look (and also fab for the 4th of July!).
Your fruit pizza looks delicious! I feel like I have been dieting all my adult life. I had a pretty good figure when I was younger and also in High School. I lost 60 lbs on Weight Watchers a long time ago. I am back to WW again. I’m sure you can guess why. 🙂 I know I need to exercise more, but now I have a bad knee. There was always some excuse of why I didn’t exercise. When I was working, I rode the metro every day. I walked from the parking lot to the metro station each morning and back to my car each night. I think that was pretty good exercise. Of course, I walked some when I went to lunch, etc. Well, now I’m retired and you would think I could do more. Because of my bad knee now, I can’t exercise until I have my knee fixed. I guess this is the only excuse I have for not losing weight. 🙁 I apologize for rambling on so much. I will just eat this delicious looking fruit everyday and, hopefully, will lose 60 lbs. again. 🙂 Thanks for your help, and I will keep in touch. That is, if it’s okay with you.
I have made this before. I used snicker doodle crush. I don’t like frosting so I grabbed a tub of premade cheesecake filling and a tub of whip cream and mixed them together. Then added a little fruit to the mixture and put the rest on top. So yummy