Fruit pizza is my favorite thing to bring to a potluck! It’s such a fun and beautiful dessert. We made ours with strawberries, raspberries, blue berries and cream cheese icing.
Fruit pizza is such a versatile recipe, we used as snickerdoodle crust and cream cheese frosting topped with fresh berries. Choose fruit that fits the season and occasion! Serve yours at a party or barbecue along with our Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs and Strawberry Lime Spritzers! And if you’re not into fruit, how about a more traditional cookie cake!
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Fruit Pizza Ingredients
- Cookie dough – We used a snicker doodle (cinnamon) cookie dough four ours. Many folks use sugar cookie dough, but honestly you can use whatever is your favorite. There’s no need to make it from scratch either (I mean, go for it with your bad self if you want to!). We usually grab a tube from the refrigerated section or a bag of the mix.
- Frosting – This recipe typically calls for cream cheese frosting, which is what we use here, but again – any flavor of frosting that you love will be great.
- Fruit – We went with strawberries, raspberries, and blue berries for a fun red white and blue theme. Don’t feel confined to just these fruits though – grab whatever is seasonal and whatever you love. My only real warning is to make sure it’s not a super watery fruit. We generally avoid citrus for that reason.
- Powdered sugar – this is optional, but I like to finish ours off with a dusting of powdered sugar. It just looks so pretty. You’ll want to make sure you do this at the very end though, otherwise the moisture from the fruit and icing will dissolve the sugar.
What is fruit pizza?
Fruit pizza is a giant cookie made on a pizza pan, topped with icing and fruit. Traditionally it uses a sugar cookie crust or snicker doodle crust, with white, vanilla, or cream cheese icing. Top with your favorite fruits and then some powdered sugar.
What kind of fruit on fruit pizza?
We used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on our pizza for a beautiful red white and blue dessert. You can use whatever fruit is in season, or fits with the color theme of your event, although we tend to avoid citrus because it is so watery.
What kind of icing?
Complete the meal with these serving suggestions
If you’re enjoying this with a crowd, try our easy BBQ pulled pork recipe or tuna noodle pasta salad and a big batch of oven roasted carrots. For a smaller group, I love this alongside some turkey meatloaf!
More fruit inspired recipes
- Whole Fruit Popsicles
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Peach dump cake recipe
- Ambrosia Salad
- Strawberry Lime Fruit Leather
More awesome pizza recipes
- Pizza made with Bisquick
- Mini pizza croissants
- Egg and cheese breakfast pizza
- White pizza flatbread
- Pizza with BBQ Sauce and Chicken
- See all our easy pizza recipes!
Tools we love
- Pizza pan – I have this set of two and love it. Works great and we usually double recipes so it’s nice not to have to wait for the first one to finish baking.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Classic, basic, mixing bowls that everyone should have in your kitchen. You’ve seen me use them on the cooking show at least seventy bajillion time. Ish.
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to make Fruit Pizza
- 1 batch of snickerdoodle or sugar cookie dough prepared
- 1 batch of cream cheese frosting vanilla frosting, or white icing, prepared
- 3 cups of fruit sliced
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Coat pizza pan with pan release, then spread cookie dough evenly into pan. Bake according to recipe directions, then allow to cool completely.
- Flip cookie out of pan onto serving tray, so cookie is smooth side up. Cover with frosting.
- Place fruit all over pizza in desired pattern, then immediately before serving dust with powdered sugar.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
How do you keep fruit pizza from getting soggy?
Make sure you have a thick layer of icing in between the fruit and the cookie, this will work as a moisture barrier. Also, do not add fruit until right before serving for best results.
Does fruit pizza need to be refrigerated?
It should be refrigerated after preparation and before serving. Leftovers should also be refrigerated and will last about three days if properly stored.