Fruit pizza is such a fun and beautiful dessert. We made our fruit pizza recipe with strawberries, raspberries, blue berries and cream cheese icing.
Fruit pizza is such a versatile recipe, we used as snickerdoodle crust and cream cheese frosting topped with fresh berries. Choose fruit and berries that fit the season and occasion!
What is fruit pizza?
Fruit pizza is a giant cookie made on a pizza pan, topped with icing and fruit. Traditionally fruit pizza uses a sugar cookie crust or snicker doodle crust, with white, vanilla, or cream cheese icing. Top with your favorite fruits and then some powdered sugar.
What kind of fruit on fruit pizza?
We used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on our fruit pizza for a beautiful red white and blue dessert. You can use whatever fruit is in season, or fits with the color theme of your event, although we tend to avoid citrus because it is so watery.
What kind of icing on fruit pizza?
Fruit Pizza Ingredients
- Cookie dough – we used a snicker doodle (cinnamon) cookie dough four ours. Many folks use sugar cookie dough for fruit pizza, but honestly you can use whatever is your favorite. There’s no need to make it from scratch either (I mean, go for it with your bad self if you want to!). We usually grab a tube from the refrigerated section or a bag of the mix.
- Frosting – fruit pizza generally calls for cream cheese frosting, which is what we use here, but again – any flavor of frosting that you love will be great.
- Fruit – in our fruit pizza we went with strawberries, raspberries, and blue berries for a fun red white and blue fruit pizza. Don’t feel confined to just these fruits though – grab whatever is seasonal and whatever you love. My only real warning is to make sure it’s not a super watery fruit. We generally avoid citrus for that reason.
- Powdered sugar – this is optional, but I like to finish ours off with a dusting of powdered sugar. It just looks so pretty. You’ll want to make sure you do this at the very end though, otherwise the moisture from the fruit and icing will dissolve the sugar.
More fruit inspired recipes
- Whole Fruit Popsicles
- Tropical Fruit Salad
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Ambrosia Salad
- Strawberry Lime Fruit Leather
Fruit Pizza Making Tools
- Pizza pan – I have this set of two and love it. Works great and we usually double recipes so it’s nice not to have to wait for the first one to finish baking.
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Classic, basic, mixing bowls that everyone should have in your kitchen. You’ve seen me use them on the cooking show at least seventy bajillion time. Ish.
- Santuko knife – My favorite knife for cutting vegetables! This knife is the perfect size and shape, handles great, and is super reasonably priced. Also, I just love that it’s fun and colorful!
How to make Fruit Pizza
- 1 batch of snickerdoodle or sugar cookie dough prepared
- 1 batch of cream cheese frosting vanilla frosting, or white icing, prepared
- 3 cups of fruit sliced
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Coat pizza pan with pan release, then spread cookie dough evenly into pan. Bake according to recipe directions, then allow to cool completely.
- Flip cookie out of pan onto serving tray, so cookie is smooth side up. Cover with frosting.
- Place fruit all over pizza in desired pattern, then immediately before serving dust with powdered sugar.