Not only does this Pumpkin Butter involve no cooking, but it's also entirely free of added sugar. (No, seriously!) And the best part? It tastes like pumpkin pie filling. (LIKE PUMPKIN PIE FILLING PEOPLE!!!)
Spread it on waffles, toast, pancakes, over ice cream, or just dig in with a spoon. I am soooo addicted to this stuff.
No-Cook Pumpkin Butter, Ingredients:
- 10 ounces dried pitted dates (I just grabbed the inexpensive kind that my market shelves near the raisins)
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon real vanilla extract
No-Cook Pumpkin Butter, Directions:
- Place dates in a container and cover with filtered water. Put lid on container and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain water from dates (you can save this water and add it to smoothies if you'd like!), and place in a food processor (I used my mini processor - it was the perfect size) and pulse until a smooth paste is made. (Congrats, you just made Date Paste!)
- If you're using a mini processor, you'll want to transfer the date paste into a large bowl at this point. If you're using a full size processor, go ahead and finish it in there.
- Add remaining ingredients to date paste and blend until smooth (you can use a stick blender, electric mixer, or just continue pulsing in your large food processor).
- Store in your fridge for up to a week, or in your freezer for several months.
And if you like my pumpkin butter, be sure to check out my delicious Three Ingredient Slow Cooker Apple Butter!