This Tomato and Summer Squash Stew is a quick easy and incredibly delicious meal. It's the perfect dish to ease you into the cooler fall evenings while still hanging onto a little bit of that summer flavor. Apologies for the single cell phone picture, but we gobbled this up before I could take a proper shot. Next time!
Tomato and Summer Squash Stew, Ingredients:
- olive oil
- 6 roma tomatoes, small cubed
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 3 summer squash, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 small sweet onion, minced
- 1 - 4 cups chicken (or vegetable) stock (here's how to make chicken stock)
- salt and pepper to taste
Tomato and Summer Squash Stew, Directions:
- Add all ingredients except stock to a large pan and simmer on medium/low with a small amount of olive oil, covered until squash is cooked tender and the vegetables have created their own broth.
- Add desired amount of stock to reach your preferred consistency (I like only a little bit so it's thick and hearty) and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.