This "BBQ Chicken One Pot Meal" recipe is sponsored by Lunchbox, all recipes and opinions belong to Mama Loves Food. #KnorrOnePot
Are you tired of my talking about easy meal solutions? I sure hope not, because, hello! I love a delicious and easy meal idea. And if I can cook it all in one pot? Major bonus! This Barbecue Chicken One Pot Recipe is just the ticket for a yummy but simple weeknight dinner. It's so quick an easy you can make it any night, but it's also pretty enough that you could totally serve it to guests too.
Another thing I love about this recipe is that it's really versatile. If you're not into brussels sprouts (whaaa?!) feel free to sub for corn on the cob, cauliflower, or broccoli. Or skip the second veggie altogether and just add more potatoes. Because, mmmmmmm potatoes.
BBQ One Pot Chicken, Ingredients:
- 6 chicken thighs, with skin
- 4 cups chopped red potato (about 2 lbs)
- 4 cups halved brussels sprouts (about 16 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow onion (approximately one small/med onion)
- 4 cloves garlic, minces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
BBQ One Pot Chicken, Directions:
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise and barbecue sauce, set aside.
- Add potatoes, brussels sprouts, onion, and garlic to an oven safe (preferrably broiler safe) covered baking dish (I used a deep cast iron pot).
- Add 3/4ths of BBQ mayo to pot and stir until veggies are thoroughly coated. Place chicken on top and spread the remainder of the BBQ mayo over the chicken.
- Cover and bake on the center rack at 425 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes (if you're using a deep pot or dish make sure to check that the veggies in the middle are cooked through). If you're using a broiler safe dish, you can uncover and turn the broiler on for 2 - 3 minutes at the end to brown the chicken.
This recipe was inspired by the Hellmann’s® BBQ Chicken Dinner Recipe from the Easy Knorr One-Pot Meals at Walmart website. I was able to pick up all my ingredients (plus a cute new workout shirt) on a quick trip to Walmart while the kids were at a play-date. Be sure to check out the site for sixteen great family friendly one-pot recipes and find dinner inspiration for every night of the week!