This Sparkling Dark Cherry Lime Slush recipe is a partnered campaign with DASANI® - Mama Loves Food only works with brands we love! All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #SparklingHolidays
Every December the hubby and I go to a friend's Nasty Christmas Party - we look forward to it all year long, carefully planning our White Elephant exchange gifts and silly outfits. Each year we alternate who drives, and this time it's my turn so I've been on the hunt for fun mocktail recipes. I won't be that girl sadly sipping a bottled water!
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you already know that I am thoroughly obsessed with sparkling waters. OB.SESSED. They're so yummy and guilt free and fizzy. I just love the fizzy. I've even got my kids asking for "the bubble water" lately!
Drinking sparkling water on it's own is fine (great!) for every day beverages, but it's also fun to dress them up on special occasions. This Sparkling Dark Cherry Lime Slush is a fun alternative to the sugar drenched mocktails usually available during the holidays. Tart from the lime, mildly sweet from the cherries, fizzy from the water, and slushy to boot. It's a great combination!
Sparkling Dark Cherry Lime Slush, Ingredients:
- Frozen sweet dark cherries
- Lime flavored sparkling water
- Sprig of mint
- Simple syrup
- Sliced lime
Sparkling Dark Cherry Lime Slush, Directions:
- Put the cherries in your blender and pour sparkling water almost to the top of the cherries (a little more than 3/4).
- Blend until slush consistency is reached. You may need to scrape the sides a couple times.
- Fill glasses half full with cherry slush, and top off the other half with more sparkling water.
- Optional - stir in a small amount of simple syrup if you want it a touch sweeter, and garnish with lime and a sprig of mint.
I used DASANI® sparkling water that I picked up from Walmart for this mocktail. It's perfect for sparkling the holidays and available in Lime, Berry, Lemon, Black Cherry. DASANI® Sparkling Water is the perfect mixer because it has zero calories, it's unsweetened, has zero artificial colors, and is caffeine-free, but still manages to taste delicious and refreshing!
Make sure to check out the Easy Party Drink Recipes Pinterest board for more ideas!