Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are the perfect recipe to make with all that leftover holiday pumpkin!
I can’t believe the holidays are coming to a close already!!! It seems like I was *just* scrambling around trying to get all the food for Thanksgiving and now BAM – New Years is in two days?! How does that happen??? Anyway, if you’re looking for a simple and incredibly delicious dessert to serve at your end of the year shindig (or to enjoy on the couch while you watch Netflix and chill – which by the way is exactly what I’ll be doing on NYE), then this Pumpkin Spice Cupcake recipe is for you. It’s a modified cake mix recipe, but you’d never know it came from a box. Full of flavor, incredibly moist and just really freaking good. My husband loves it with thin drizzled icing, but I’m partial to the thick creamy stuff. This time we opted for Eggnog Frosting (YUM).
These take a little longer to cook than most cupcakes because the pumpkin makes them a slightly more dense, but it’s so totally worth the wait. My husband who claims to like neither cake nor pumpkin love love loves this recipe!
More Pumpkin & Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Love!
- No Churn Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Roll Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Apple Paleo (Un)Oatmeal
- No-cook Pumpkin Butter
- Gingersnap & Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Simple Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Even more Pumpkin & Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Love!
- Pumpkin Curry Soup
- Two Minute Pumpkin Pudding
- Pumpkin Chili
- Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie Bites
- Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting
And Still More Pumpkin & Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Love!
- Simple Savory Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee Drink
- Pumpkin Pie Spiced Meringues
- Pumpkin Spiced Butterscotch Pudding Cups
- Easy Pumpkin Drop Biscuits
- Flourless Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Ingredients:
- one box vanilla cake mix
- one can pumpkin (15 oz)
- one egg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- icing: Eggnog Frosting (click HERE for recipe)
Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer.
- Pour batter into a lined cupcake pan (fill about 1/2 to 3/4 full)
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
Shop for items used or inspired by this recipe!
- KitchenAid Electric Stand Mixer
- Kitchen Aid Electric Hand Mixer
- Bright Spring Lidded Mixing Bowls
- OXO 3 Piece Spatula Set
- Silicone Cupcake Liners
- The Betty Crocker Big Book of Cupcakes