Every time I mention Chicken Marsala my husband crinkles his nose in disgust. Every. Single. Time. But I was bound and determined to change his mind, because seriously, I love Chicken Marsala. So when I was asked to try the Marsala version of Campbell’s new Skillet Sauces I pretty much jumped at the chance. But I knew I couldn’t make traditional Chicken Marsala because he wouldn’t even try it. (He’s stubborn like that). Instead I made Chicken Marsala Pizza. And victory was glorious.
Chicken Marsala Pizza Ingredients:
- approximately 1 cup marsala sauce (I used a single package of Campbell’s Skillet Sauces, Marsala)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium chicken breast, cooked and chopped (learn how to always have cooked chicken on hand)
- 1 large pizza crust ready for toppings (I cheated used two packages of a ‘just add water’ dough, but if you’ve got the time, here’s my pizza dough recipe)
- 2 – 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I like a lot of cheese, but do as you please)
Chicken Marsala Pizza Directions:
- Combine mushrooms, onion, chicken, and Marsala sauce in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour saucey ingredients onto pizza crust and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake pizza according to dough directions.
- Serve & enjoy!