Cheesy corn cooked with cream, cheese, and savory bacon then broiled until browned and delicious is the perfect dinner side dish!
This one pot baked cheesy corn recipe is an absolute must during the summer corn season and the winter holidays! It pairs perfectly with your favorite outdoor recipes like grilled pork chops or cold weather favorites like garlic butter prime rib.
Click the button above to save this recipe!
Why you’ll love this corn and cheese recipe!
📌 A simple and super delicious side dish idea.
📌 Cheesy, creamy, and full of bold flavor.
📌 Easy to adjust to personal tastes and heat levels.
- Corn – Sweet kernel corn. We used frozen corn, but canned or fresh would also work great.
- Butter – Salted butter.
- Sugar – White granulated sugar.
- Creamy – Heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
- Chopped green chiles – Optional, if you want it a little bit spicy. Canned.
- Cheese – We used mozarella cheese in the pictured recipe but a Fiesta blend would also
- Bacon – Cooked and crumbled. (Here’s how we cook bacon in the air fryer and here’s how we cook bacon in the oven).
- Scallions – Green onion works well too if you can’t find scallions.
- Salt and pepper – To taste.
⭐ First, heat corn and butter on the stove top in an oven safe skillet or pot until butter is melted and corn is warmed through. Stir in sugar, salt, and pepper.
⭐ Then, add the heavy cream, scallions, and green chiles. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until ream has thickened.
⭐ Next, stir in bacon and shredded cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is melted.
⭐ Finally, top with remaining cheese and place under the broiler until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
Scroll down to the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this article for ingredient measurements and detailed cooking instructions.
What kind of corn for cheesy baked corn recipe?
This recipe calls for sweet kernel corn. You can use fresh, frozen, or canned. If you use canned corn, drain before adding to the pot.
What if I don’t have an oven safe skillet or pot?
You can just transfer the mixture into a casserole dish before baking, no worries!
Is cheesy corn spicy?
With the canned green chiles it’s mildly spicy. If you want no spice, just skip them.
If you prefer it spicier then add a second can of chiles, diced jalapenos, a squirt of sriracha, or some red pepper flakes.
Storage and leftovers
How long does a cheesy corn bake last?
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3 – 4 days. Cover tightly for best results.
How do you reheat a corn and cheese recipe?
We find it reheats best in the microwave in single portions. Cook on high in 30 second increments stirring between cook cycles.
Can you freeze it?
We do not recommend freezing this recipe.
Tips, tricks, and frequently asked questions
✅ Make a double (or triple!) batch for holidays and bake it in a large casserole dish or roasting pan.
✅ Stir in a pound of cooked diced chicken (from our best baked chicken recipe!) for a full meal in one pot.
✅ Try finishing this in the smoker instead of the oven for an extra layer of flavor.
What to eat with this cheesy corn recipe (serving suggestions)
More delicious corn recipes
- Mexican street corn
- Creamed corn recipe
- Air fryer corn on the cob
- Instant pot corn on the cob
- Corn casserole recipe
- Crockpot corn chowder
- See all our corn recipes!
Tools we love
- Enameled cast iron pot – This pot is amazing and can be used on the stove top or in the oven. I use mine almost daily.
- White serving bowls – Love a simple serving dish! This one is perfect for holiday meals.
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Cheesy Corn
- 24 ounces sweet kernel corn frozen
- 4 tablespoons butter salted
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream / heavy whipping cream
- 3 scallions diced (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- 1 can chopped green chiles 4 ounces (optional)
- 8-10 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (Fiesta blend cheese is also delicious) shredded (about ¼th reserved for topping)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat corn and butter on the stove top in an oven safe skillet or pot until butter is melted and corn is warmed through. Stir in sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the heavy cream, scallions, and green chiles. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until cream has thickened.
- Stir in bacon and about ¾ths of your shredded cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining cheese and place under the broiler for 3 - 5 minutes (WATCHING CLOSELY) until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Garnish with fresh diced scallions.
Click the button above to save this recipe!