Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe for the Crock Pot Slow Cooker. Easy, gluten-free and DELICIOUS!
Slow Cooker Corn and Potato Chowder was bound to happen. For years I bought dried Corn and Potato Chowder mix from Harry and David’s – it’s super tasty, but also expensive. When we had kids and our budget constraints changed, I stopped buying it. And we just stopped eating Corn and Potato Chowder. How sad is that?
Today, though, I decided I need some chowder in my life. So I hauled out the slow cooker and put together this Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe for the Crock Pot Slow Cooker. I think Harry and David would be proud.
*NOTE* I use my 7 quart slow cooker for this and it is a tight fit. If you have a smaller slow cooker then you will need to adjust the recipe!
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items featured or used in this post:
- 7 quart slow cooker
- Immersion blender
- Giant soup bowls
- Large glass measuring/pouring cups
- Stainless steel measuring spoons
Slow Cooker Corn and Potato Chowder Ingredients:
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes (approximately 5 medium sized potatoes), NOT peeled, diced in 1/4 inch cubes
- 8 cups (about 2 pounds) kernel corn (I used frozen)
- 1 medium/large sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 – 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 32 ounces (4 cups) chicken stock
- 16 ounces (2 cups) half and half or heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Slow Cooker Corn and Potato Chowder Directions:
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT half & half in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Blend about half the soup using an immersion blender (or just scoop it into your upright blender then return to slow cooker).
- Add half and half or heavy cream and continue cooking, uncovered, for about another 15 minutes, until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this? Pin it to your SOUPS BOARD for later!
Follow Mama Loves Food on Pinterest for more easy recipes!
Do you love slow cooker soup recipes?
Then be sure to check out these other favorites!Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup