Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe for the Crock Pot Slow Cooker. Easy, gluten-free and DELICIOUS potato soup!
When we had kids and our budget constraints changed, I stopped buying it. And we just stopped eating Corn and Potato Chowder. How sad is that?
Today, though, I decided I need some chowder in my life. So I hauled out the slow cooker and put together this Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe for the Crock Pot Slow Cooker. I think Harry and David would be proud.
*NOTE* I use my 7 quart slow cooker for this and it is a tight fit. If you have a smaller slow cooker then you will need to adjust the recipe!
Shop our Amazon affiliate links for items featured or used in this post:
- 7 quart slow cooker – this is the perfect sized slow cooker for a large family or for feeding guests!
- Immersion blender – likely the most used kitchen tool in my entire home, I break our stick blender out almost every day.
- Giant soup bowls – I feel like these need no introduction. I love a big bowl.
- Large glass measuring/pouring cups – it took me way too long to invest in decent measuring tools!
- Stainless steel measuring spoons – love that these won’t melt in the dishwasher.
Slow Cooker Corn and Potato Chowder Ingredients:
- 8 ounces (1/2 pound) bacon, cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 2 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes (approximately 5 medium sized potatoes), NOT peeled, diced in 1/4 inch cubes
- 8 cups (about 2 pounds) kernel corn (I used frozen)
- 1 medium/large sweet yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 – 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 32 ounces (4 cups) chicken stock
- 16 ounces (2 cups) half and half or heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Slow Cooker Corn and Potato Chowder Directions:
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT half & half in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours.
- Blend about half the soup using an immersion blender (or just scoop it into your upright blender then return to slow cooker).
- Add half and half or heavy cream and continue cooking, uncovered, for about another 15 minutes, until heated through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this? Pin it to your SOUPS BOARD for later!
Follow Mama Loves Food on Pinterest for more easy recipes!
You May Also Enjoy: