This Curried Chicken & Vegetable Skewers recipe post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and NatureRaised Farms®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SCNRF http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Curried Chicken and Vegetable Skewers, Ingredients:
- Chicken (breast or boneless thighs work best, I used NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions)
- White mushrooms
- Summer squash
- Mini sweet peppers
- 1 can coconut milk (15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
Curried Chicken and Vegetable Skewers, Directions:
- Blend coconut milk, curry powder and seasoned salt, set aside (I used my immersion blender, but an upright would work fine too).
- Cut chicken into long thin strips, and cut summer squash into thick discs. Leave mushrooms and peppers whole.
- Place chicken and vegetables into two separate bowls, and pour curry mixture half over each. Stir well until chicken and vegetable are all coated. (At this point you can allow the meat and veggies to marinate in the fridge for a few hours if you’d like, or you can just continue on cooking!)
- Skewer chicken and vegetables (I like to keep my meat skewers separate from the veggie ones in case we have a vegetarian guest) and place on a cooking rack over an baking sheet.
- Place on the oven rack closest to the broiler and broil on high for 6 – 10 minutes, watching closely and turning skewers every 2 – 3 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Alternately you could throw your skewers on a medium heat grill! Wait, you don’t have skewers??? Not to worry! Just toss the chicken and veggies onto a roasting pan and broil!
- Grab a skewer (or three) and ENJOY!
- 100% natural*
- No antibiotics, hormones, or steroids** are used
- NatureRaised Farms have been certified either by USDA Agriculture Marketing Service or Global Animal Partnership
- Chickens are raised in modern, open barns with great ventilation and a safe place to go when there is inclement weather
- Chickens are fed 100% vegetarian diet
- Chickens are bred through natural selection vs genetic modification
*No artificial ingredients, minimally processed
**Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken