This Curried Tomato Lentil Soup for the Slow Cooker is a simple way to branch out and try some new and yummy flavor combinations. This is my first trip down Lentil Lane, and I’m quite pleased with the results. I liked it as a soup and I loved it over yellow rice!
Curried Tomato Lentil Soup for the Slow Cooker Ingredients:
- 1 can coconut milk, 13.5 ounces
- 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken broth or stock* (click here to learn how to make your own chicken stock)
- 1 pound (16 ounces) dried lentils
- 3 tablespoons curry powder (my preference is Blue Mountain Hot Curry)
- 3 cans diced tomatoes, 14.5 ounces each, not drained
- salt & pepper, to taste
Curried Tomato Lentil Soup for the Slow Cooker Directions:
- Add all ingredients, except salt and pepper, to the slow cooker and set at high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Blend with an immersion blender (or carefully transfer to your upright blender), add salt and pepper to taste, and serve!
*I haven’t tried it, but you could sub vegetable stock if you wanted the dish to be vegetarian.