Okay, folks. This Caramel Stuffed Brownies Recipe is a complete and utter pain in the rear. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. But OH MY GOODNESS, TOTALLY WORTH IT. Seriously. I mean, Caramel Stuffed Brownies. These didn’t even last an hour in my house.
Caramel Stuffed Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 box brownie mix, prepared (I am partial to Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix, and by partial I mean it’s the only one I use.)
- 1 to 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, caramelized (click here for how to caramelize sweetened condensed milk in one simple step!)
Caramel Stuffed Brownie Directions:
- Divide prepared brownie batter in two equal parts. Pour one half into a 8×8 parchment lined baking dish.
- Pour caramel sauce over top and spread evenly (use one can if you like caramel, two if you LOVE IT). I found the caramel sauce spread much easier after being warmed under some hot water for a minute.)
- Now this is the annoying part. Spread the remaining brown mix evenly over top of the caramel sauce. It’s a horrible pain in bottom, but I promise, with a little patience it can be done. I found it was easiest to drop small amounts of mix at a time and spread it gently with a spoon.
- Bake according to brownie package directions, checking for doneness with a toothpick.
- Chill for an hour, then cut and serve. Or just eat the whole darn thing.