Baking sweet potatoes in the slow cooker is one of my favorite holiday tricks. They come out beautifully cooked, creamy, and never dry. Without ever having to turn on the oven. It’s a perfect solution for when you really want sweet potatoes, but have already used up the oven space on turkeys and casseroles! And make sure to serve them with some Whipped Maple Cinnamon Butter!
Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potato, Ingredients:
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil or butter
- optional: Whipped Maple Cinnamon Butter
Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potato, Directions:
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Rub lightly with oil or butter, then sprinkle with salt.
- Wrap potatoes individually in foil, then pile into a foil lined slow cooker. (Seriously, line your slow cooker. I didn’t do this the first time, and clean up was a nightmare.)
- Cook on low for approximately 6 hours.
- Serve with some Whipped Maple Cinnamon Butter, and enjoy!