This whipped butter recipe is simple to make and so delicious on pancakes, biscuits, fresh bread, or the end of a spoon!
Whipped Butter is one of those decadent Fall (or anytime) treats that is so (so, so, so) easy to make but tastes divine. And will seriously impress your guests!
Whipped Butter Ingredients
- Butter – Salted, at room temperature. I find using salted gives it a little extra boost of flavor, even when we’re looking for a sweet end result.
- Water – filtered or distilled, room temperature will work best.
- Pure maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon
- Roasted garlic
How Do You Whip Butter?
⭐ First, using an electric mixer on high (I use my handheld mixer), start whipping the butter. Slowly pour in water and continue whipping.
⭐ Then, when water is entirely incorporated, if you want to flavor the butter, pour in maple syrup and whip until everything is well mixed.
⭐ Next, add the cinnamon and continue whipping until everything is well blended.
⭐ Finally, store in a covered container.
We love to serve whipped butter with fresh dinner rolls, pumpkin biscuits, homemade waffles, or sweet cornbread! It always makes an appearance at the holidays alongside a garlic crusted prime rib, crock pot ham, and roasted turkey.
Try whipping in different flavors too – for savory use garlic, rosemary, or ranch dressing seasoning. For sweet you can experiment with honey, cocoa powder, and peppermint!
More Delicious Spreads and Dips
Tools we love
- Electric mixer – I love love love love love (x’s 100) my stand mixer. Really and truly. But my daily work horse is this handheld electric mixer. It even comes in allll the colors. Which, yay!
- Classic Kitchenaid stand mixer – Save the best for last? Or at least the most grand. I don’t know why, but a kitchen just doesn’t feel like a kitchen without one of these bad boys tucked away on the counter. My favorite things to make in ours are ginger cookies, no churn ice cream, and shredded chicken. Yup, seriously. The Kitchenaid shreds chicken like no ones business!
Get our FREE Easy Casseroles Ebook!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Whipped Butter
- 2 sticks salted butter room temperature
- ½ cup water
- ⅛ cup pure maple syrup OPTIONAL
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon OPTIONAL
- Using an electric mixer on high (I use my handheld mixer) start whipping the butter. Slowly pour in water and continue whipping.
- When water is entirely incorporated, if you want to flavor the butter, pour in maple syrup and whip until everything is well mixed.
- Finally, add the cinnamon (if you choose) and continue whipping until incorporated.
- Store in a covered container.