I have discovered the secrets to the perfect smoothie. That’s right, I said perfect smoothie. And I will stand by that claim!!! This combination of ingredients makes a deliciously sweet drink with just the right amount of smooth and creamy. I love these things. And it’s a total bonus that they’re paleo compliant and dairy free. Tamper with the ingredients yourself to figure out your favorite flavor combination!
Secrets to the ULTIMATE Smoothie, Ingredients:
- Bananas, very ripe (one per serving)
- Coconut milk, full fat (about 1/3 can per serving, my personal favorite is Badia Coconut Milk)
- Frozen fruit (2 -3 cups per serving, my current personal favorite combination is cherries, pineapple, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- what NOT to add: juice, sugar, honey, ice, water, vegetables (seriously folks, ew)
Secrets to the ULTIMATE Smoothie, Directions:
- It’s really important to have a good blender if you’re going to make these with any regularity. I’ve killed several normal blenders with my smoothie addiction. These days I’m rocking a Ninja, but my ultimate goal is to get a Vitamix. Woot.
- If you have a regular blender, you’re going to want to add the soft and liquid ingredients first, then the frozen stuff – HOWEVER, I’ve learned that with the Ninja, it’s better to add the soft/liquid ingredients last.
- So put everything in the pitcher and whrrrrrrr! If necessary, scrape the sides a few times and then enjoy!!!