I’m pretty sure the best thing about holiday parties is the appetizers. I love (love love love) finger foods. Maybe because they’re little, so you just don’t feel guilty about *one more* bite. Or because it gives you the ability to try a taste of everything without going overboard. Whatever it is, appetizers float my boat.
Apple Bourbon Barbecue Pulled Pork Crescent Ingredients:
- 3-4 lbs Boston Butt Roast
- 1 packet Campbell’s Apple Bourbon Barbecue Slow Cooker Sauce
- 4 packages crescent rolls, 8 count
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- garlic salt, to taste
Apple Bourbon Barbecue Pulled Pork Crescent Directions:
- Add roast to your crock pot and pour sauce over top. Cook 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. Shred with a fork and mix into the sauce. (You can do this step a day or two ahead!)
- Place shredded pork in a colander and allow excess juices to drain. (If you cooked your meat ahead of time, you will want to heat it up a little to allow the juices to drain so the crescent cooks properly and doesn’t get soggy).
- Unroll your crescent dough and place a dollop of shredded pork with some red onion slices on each triangle. Roll up and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake according to crescent recipe/package directions (generally 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes). Because this is a wetter meat, you will probably want to cook on the longer side of the recommended cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post brought to you by Campbell’s Dinner Sauces. Weekend-worthy dinners with only weekday-level effort needed! As always, recipes and opinions are my own. Learn more at http://www.campbellsauces.com