If you’d like a suggestion on where to donate, here’s where my money went: Metavivor. Did you know that 30% of all breast cancers will metastasize, but only 2% of funding goes toward investigating metastatic breast cancer? At Metavivor, 100% of all donations from supporters are strictly allocated to research grants. Period. Every penny.
Strawberry Meringues for Breast Cancer Awareness, Ingredients:
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon strawberry flavor extract
- optional: food coloring
Strawberry Meringues for Breast Cancer Awareness, Directions:
- With an electric mixer, whip the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add powdered sugar, cream of tartar, strawberry extract, and food coloring. Continue whipping until everything’s incorporated and stiff peaks are forming.
- Place small dollops of meringue cream onto a parchment lined baking sheet (or use a piping bag to make shapes and designs – I made little breast cancer awareness ribbons).
- Bake at 225 for 30 – 40 minutes, until meringues feel dry to the touch. Watch closely toward the end and do not let them brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in a dry, air tight container.