Yes, yes… tea? jello?? alcohol??? Sounds weird, I know. But they are really yummy. REALLY. A little bit like flan, but only kind-of-sort-of. I was inspired by this chick, and glad I tried my hand. I also made my version of the drunken coffee squares. I can’t decide which I like better. Both were very yummy.
– 3 packets of Knox gelatin
– 1/2 cup cold water
– one can sweet & condensed milk (14 oz)
– 1 & 3/4 cups HOT strong chai tea (steep 6-8 tea bags for about ten minutes)
– 3 shots of spiced rum (or more! three shots gives it flavor, but only a very gently kick)
– Add the packets of gelatin to the cold water, stir and then allow it to bloom for about ten minutes.
– Pour in the hot tea and stir to incorporate and melt the gelatin.
– Stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
– Allow to set in the refrigerator for several hours.
– Serve and enjoy!