- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 head of garlic (about 5-7 cloves), minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 or 5 cups whole milk (depending on how thick you prefer)
- 10 ounce package of frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil for several minutes, until translucent & soft
(TIP: The longer you cook garlic, the more mild the flavor becomes)
- Add flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Incorporate milk, one cup at a time. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat.
- Add spinach and remove from heat. It will thicken once removed from stove top.