- One large artichoke
- Italian breadcrumbs, 1/2 - 3/4ths cup
- Lemon, 1/2
- Olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon
- Trim the stem off of the artichoke so you have a flat bottom and trim about one inch from the top of the artichoke.
- Pull leaves away from each other a bit, so you can see some space between the leaves.
- Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon over the top, then drizzle the olive oil over as well.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top and pull leaves away again so the breadcrumbs settle toward the bottom of each leaf.
- Place artichoke in a microwave friendly bowl with about one inch of water at the bottom. Cover and microwave for ten minutes on high power.
- Allow to rest for two minutes, then enjoy!!!
WANT TO MAKE IT DINNER PARTY READY???
- After it's done in the microwave, sprinkle some shredded Parmesan cheese over the top and put the artichoke under your oven's broiler for about a minute, or until the cheese browns and bubbles.