Ever since my friend Elaine made me Beef Stroganoff for dinner a few weeks ago, I have been craving it relentlessly. So, on a quick trip to the market to pick up prescriptions, I also grabbed the ingredients for this simple, but delicious Beef Stroganoff.
Easy Beef Stroganoff Ingredients:
- 1 pound browned, drained ground beef (I cook mine up ahead of time and freeze it in 1 pound batches)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (my preference is baby portabella, but white is good too)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (jarred is fine if you don't have fresh)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 beef bouillon cubes , dissolved in about 1/4 cup hot water. (I actually prefer Better than Bouillon, no dissolving necessary)
- 12 ounce package of wide flat noodles, prepared per package instructions (I used whole grain, but egg noodles would work well too)
Easy Beef Stroganoff Directions:
- Using a large pan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter or oil until onion is translucent and mushroom is becoming limp. Add garlic and saute for another couple minutes.
- Add ground beef, sour cream and bouillon. Stir until well mixed and cook on medium/low until hot throughout.
- Spoon over noodles and enjoy!