Candy Cane Dust (or Peppermint Powder as it's called in our house) is the easiest thing you'll ever love to make. One ingredient. One step. About fourteen bajillion ways to use it.
I originally published this little tutorial about two years ago, but it's one of my favorites, so I thought I'd dust it off and give it another quick whirl. (Pun absolutely intended.)
Peppermint Candy Cane Powder Ingredient:
- candy canes!
Peppermint Candy Cane Powder Directions:
- Put candy canes in food processor (or spice grinder or magic bullet) and pulverize!
Peppermint Candy Cane Powder Ideas!
- Add to your hot cocoa for peppermint cocoa
- Add to your coffee for peppermint coffee
- Add to vanilla icing to make peppermint vanilla icing and use on your cakes and cookies
- Add directly to your cake or cookie batter for peppermint cakes and cookies
- Dip your freshly iced cookies (or chocolate dipped pretzels!) in it for a flavor boost
- Sprinkle on ice cream or yogurt!
Tell me, what will you do with your Peppermint Candy Cane Powder?