Peppermint Mocha is quite possibly the best thing ever about December. Peppermint, chocolate, and coffee together cannot be wrong.
This Peppermint Mocha was born of my dad’s idea to mix hot chocolate and coffee, and my mom’s giant stash of leftover candy canes sitting next to the coffee maker.
Yes, I know peppermint and chocolate are not an entirely novel concept – but, I saw it all sitting there, and thought, “YESSSS!”
Nowadays you can grab a peppermint mocha at Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and even McDonald’s. But our Peppermint Mocha recipe predated all those folks! And I daresay, it’s tastier – not to mention less expensive!
Is Peppermint Mocha Coffee?
Peppermint Mocha is better than coffee! It’s coffee! And hot chocolate! And peppermint! Starbucks makes theirs with espresso, but we find a strong cup of coffee works perfectly.
How do you make Peppermint Mocha?
How much is a Peppermint Mocha?
A peppermint mocha out and about will cost you roughly $4, but make it at home with our recipe and it’s less than half. Which means peppermint mocha Starbucks year round! And you don’t even have to put on pants to enjoy it!
If you love peppermint recipes, check out these other great ideas!
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies – Peppermint brownies with extra chocolate, best eaten in front of a roaring fire with holiday music in the background.
- Peppermint Candy Cane Dust – Peppermint candy cake dust is the perfect way to sprinkle a little Christmas season on everything from pancakes to cupcakes!
- Peppermint Oreo Bark – What’s better than regular peppermint bark? Well Oreo peppermint bark, of course!
- Sugar Cookie Peppermint Sticks – These sugar cookie peppermint sticks are easy to make, cute, and perfect for gifting and coffee dipping.
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies – I love how shortbread keeps its shape. Perfect for cookie cutters!
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes – I scream, you scream, we all scream… for cupcakes! White chocolate peppermint cupcakes, to be exact.
See our Amazon affiliate links for tools we recommend for this recipe!
- Keurig Instant Coffee Brewer
- Ghirardelli Hot Chocolate Packets
- Starbucks Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- Peet’s Coffee
- 1 packet hot cocoa mix I'm currently obsessed with the Starbucks Double Chocolate
- 1 candy cane broken into pieces
- 1 cup very hot coffee I just brew directly from my Keurig
- optional: whipped cream
Dump a packet of hot cocoa mix into your mug, and place the candy cane pieces over top.
Pour your (very hot) coffee in and stir until everything is dissolved and mixed well.
Top with whipped cream, and enjoy!
You may also enjoy:
Peppermint Mocha, Ingredients:
- 1 packet hot cocoa mix (I’m currently obsessed with the Starbucks Double Chocolate)
- 1 candy cane, broken into pieces
- 1 cup very hot coffee (I just brew directly from my Keurig)
- optional: whipped cream
Peppermint Mocha, Directions:
- Dump a packet of hot cocoa mix into your mug, and place the candy cane pieces over top.
- Pour your (very hot) coffee in and stir until everything is dissolved and mixed well.
- Top with whipped cream, and enjoy!