Peppermint Brownies – this recipe is a simple but delicious way to make brownie mix better for your holiday baking!
Peppermint brownies! Sometimes in July, I turn the air conditioning wayyyyyy down and make a big batch of these Peppermint Brownies. I love them and don’t see why we have to relegate peppermint to the month of December. But since it’s December now, let’s make alllll the peppermint chocolate things.
Peppermint Brownie Ingredients
- Brownie batter – Prepared per recipe or package directions (box brownie mix is fine).
- Peppermint baking chips – These are typically found near the chocolate chips in the baking aisle. They used to be seasonal, but lately I’m finding them all year long!
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – Look for them near the mint baking chips.
- Crushed peppermint candy – These look so pretty with a sprinkle of crushed candy cane! You can also use starlight mints if it’s not holiday season.
How do you make peppermint brownies? (Step-by-Step)
⭐ First, prepare brownie batter per recipe or package instructions. I typically use a box mix. Ghirardelli is our favorite. Mix in mint chips and semi sweet chips.
⭐ Next, pour batter into a lined or grease baking dish (use our easy cake release!), and bake according to recipe or package directions. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
⭐ Finally, garnish with crushed peppermint candy and ENJOY!
Peppermint Brownies for Christmas
Quite possibly the only seasonal flavor combination I like as much as pumpkin and spice is peppermint and chocolate. I hate to see ALL THINGS PUMPKIN season ushered out, but I am in no way sad to have CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT season snapping at its heels.
I mean, the deep rich velvety flavor of chocolate counter-posed with a bright zingy peppermint – it’s quite possibly the ultimate holiday flavor combination.
I made these Double Chocolate Peppermint Brownies to include in our packages of sweet treats that we hand out to neighbors and friends, but my kids begged me to hoard them for ourselves. I did still give most of the brownies out, but pilfered a few for the kids first.
My six year old couldn’t keep his nose out of our box and insisted “I just can’t stop smelling how awesome they are!” And as usual, it’s just a modified box mix — because that’s how I roll.
Peppermint Brownies with Box Mix
You’re welcome to make your peppermint brownies from scratch, but I find they’re just as good (maybe even better?) starting from a mix. Right now I’m a little bit addicted to the Ghirardelli brownies. Mmmmmm. Especially the double and triple chocolate versions.
This mint brownies recipe makes an ooey gooey dense double chocolate brownie. The kind that happily clings to the roof of your mouth and begs for a cup of good hot coffee to wash it down.
Crushed Candy Canes on Top
We like to give a little clue as to what’s inside our brownies, so I crushed some candy canes (or those circle peppermint hard candies that you can get year round) and sprinkled them over the top.
If you’re making these brownies and then packaging them individually, you could even do a batch of peppermint candy cane dust and dip each side in. This would serve a two-fold purpose, pretty (because pretty is always nice), but also it might help keep them from sticking to the wrapping.
More Brownie Recipes to Love
- Snickers Stuffed Brownies – Do you still have a bag of those little Snickers bars leftover from Halloween? (No? Me either. Just hit up the candy aisle and grab more.) What I’m trying to say is that Snickers stuffed brownies are deeeeelicious. And super easy to make!
- Hot Chocolate Brownies – You guys, these hot chocolate brownies have a marshmallow cream top. Ohhhh, my goodness!
- Caramel Stuffed Brownies – Brownies with a hidden layer of ooey gooey caramel in the middle? Yes please, sign me up for these caramel stuffed brownies!
- French Silk Brownies – Like the pie, but in brownie form! These French silk brownies are finished off with a silky chocolate mousse and whipped cream.
- Pumpkin Spiced Brownies – Because there is literally no such thing as too much pumpkin spice! These pumpkin spiced brownies are both delicious and full of vitamins and fiber. Win, win!
- Nutella Brownies – Only three ingredients! These are chewy and delicious and you can’t eat just one!
Must Try Chocolate Recipes!
More Peppermint Recipes to Love!
- Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix – My favorite favorite favorite brownie mix of all time. Alllll time. You can buy the quadruple box at Costco, or just grab some with your Amazon prime!
- OXO Good Grips Plastic Brownie Spatula – It’s important to be able to get those delicious peppermint brownies out of the pan without losing a single crumb.
- Baker’s Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan – For those of you who clamor to get the crunchy corner pieces, this all edges brownie pan is your dream come true.
- Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Mint Baking Chips – The Andes mint baking chips are my personal favorite for this recipe. Mmmmmmm.
Love this recipe? Join Us For More!
Follow us below!Use #mamalovesfood on Instagram!
How to Make Peppermint Brownies
- 1 package basic brownie mix batter prepared per package instructions
- 1 cup chocolate mint baking chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- optional: crushed peppermint candy
- Prepare brownie batter per package instructions. Mix in mint chips and semi sweet chips.
- Pour batter into a lined or grease baking dish, and back according to package directions. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Garnish with crushed peppermint candy and ENJOY!
This Double Chocolate Mint Chip Brownies recipe was originally a sponsored campaign. All opinions and recipes are mine alone.