This Creamy Tomato Soup came from my mission to use the 16 Roma tomatoes I found hiding in the back of my refrigerator. I knew this was their last chance to shine, so I set about to do them justice. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you know that even after I started cooking, I still wasn't sure what to make. But as soon as I saw that lone can of coconut milk behind the pumpkin puree, I knew. It was fate. Delicious, creamy, tomatoey, fate.
Creamy Tomato Soup, Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon rendered bacon fat (or other fat of your choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tin anchovy filets (2 ounces), drained
- bacon bits, for garnish
Creamy Tomato Soup, Directions:
- Heat bacon fat in a large skillet (or small stock pot), add garlic and stir on medium/low heat for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook covered about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, and salt. Blend with an immersion blender until soup is smooth to your liking (I like a few chunks left, but do what you prefer!).
- Stir in anchovies and continue cooking, uncovered, on medium/low heat until everything is heated through.
- Serve garnished with crunchy bacon bits (zap in your microwave for 30 seconds if you're pulling them out of the fridge or freezer), and ENJOY!