This 'Strawberry Lime Fruit Leather' recipe and article was developed for Collective Bias, and LEAN CUISINE®. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #BacktoBalance #CollectiveBias
It's January, so I think I'm pretty safe in saying most of us are looking around at our lives and assessing the state of affairs. I've talked about my goal to be intentional and purposeful in the upcoming months, and part of that is gaining more balance. Balance between work, children, marriage, and personal time. It's so easy to lose sight and tip the scales too far in one direction. So, I'm thankful for Januaries and this mental Spring cleaning.
With respect to meals, I'm trying to have more food made up ahead of time so I'm not scrambling at the last minute and resorting to unhealthy choices. Also so I can appropriate my time more wisely and not prepare each and every meal or snack individually.
And I'm learning to ask for, and accept help. LEAN CUISINE® is a good tool for both of these purposes. At Walmart recently, I picked up a LEAN CUISINE® Morning Collection™ Turkey Sausage Scramble and a LEAN CUISINE® Culinary Collection Sesame Chicken as well as a large back of frozen strawberries and a couple of limes. I'm excited to enjoy these with my wholesome Strawberry Lime Fruit Leather whenever a quiet moment presents itself!
Strawberry Lime Fruit Leather, Ingredients:
- 4 pounds strawberries, hulled (I used frozen, thawed)
- the juice of 2 limes
Strawberry Lime Fruit Leather, Directions:
- In a blender, puree strawberries and lime juice.
- Pour mixture onto three 12" x 17" rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper and spread so it's all even.
- Cook at 200 degrees for approximately 6 - 8 hours, until the center is no longer tacky to the touch. (If you'd like to speed this up, you can cook the strawberry-lime mixture on the stove until it thickens first).
- Remove from oven, cut into strips and store in an airtight container.
Be sure to follow LEAN CUISINE® on social media: