This ‘Slow Cooker Strawberry Spread‘ recipe and article was developed for Collective Bias, Truvia Zero-Calorie Sweetener, and Bigelow Tea. Mama Loves Food has been compensated for the associated time and work. All opinions and recipes are mine alone. #SweetWarmUp #CollectiveBias
Slow Cooker Strawberry Spread, Ingredients:
- 4 pounds strawberries, hulled (I used frozen, thawed)
- Truvia, to taste
Slow Cooker Strawberry Spread, Directions:
- Add strawberries to your slow cooker and cook on low for 10 – 12 hours.
- Stir and break up strawberries a bit (if you like it smoother, you can blitz for a minute with an immersion blender)
- Put lid askew and cook partially uncovered an additional 2 – 4 hours (depending on how thick you want it). Note that it will thicken some when refrigerated.
- Stir in Truvia (one tablespoon at a time) until you reach your desired sweetness.