If these Bratwurst and Caramelized Onion Crescent Rolls don’t scream Super Bowl Party food, then I’ve clearly lost touch with the world. This recipe is a great and tasty finger food that allows you to do most of the prep work in advance. And I know for me that’s great, because Super Bowl party morning I am usually a scrambling mess. The less to do, the better!
Bratwurst and Caramelized Onion Crescent Roll Ingredients:
- 4 bratwurst
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced (this would be a great time to whip our your mandolin or food processor!)
- olive oil, just enough to toss onion
- 2 packages crescent rolls, 8 count
- mustard (I used Curry Mustard)
Bratwurst and Caramelized Onion Crescent Roll Directions:
- Prepare bratwurst and onion by tossing the onion in olive oil and then roasting both (on separate baking sheets) at 375 degrees. The bratwurst should take 40 minutes (turn once at the 20 minute point), and the onions should take 60 minutes (stir and re-spread every 20 minutes). This step can be done hours, or even days in advance!
- Cut each bratwurst in half lengthwise and then cut each piece in half width-wise (this should give you 16 pieces of bratwurst).
- Unroll crescents onto a large cookie sheet.
- Put a line of mustard on each crescent, then place a piece of bratwurst and a small pile of onions on each crescent.
- Roll crescents starting from the wide end and ending at the narrow end.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes, until crescents are a golden color.
- Serve with mustard and enjoy!